Over the last months, extensive efforts have been made to continuously adapt the 3DP Pilot activities to emerging industrial needs. This has led to the elaboration of new action lines and working principles. For instance, the launch of the '3DP Pilot Pitching Platform' was successful and led to the identification of 5 new promising collaboration areas outside the scope of the Pilot’s existing 5 demo cases currently under active development. The thematic areas of these new emerging projects are as follows:
- Multi-material 3D printing: Structural integrated electronics in 3D printed parts
- AM in the Built Environment
- Efficient collaborative robot through 3D printing optimization
- Innovative hybrid (subtractive /additive) manufacturing approach for repairing added value damaged objects
- Provide a toolset for maintenance for 3DP and a training course for employees to do the maintenance
If you are not yet involved in the 3DP Pilot activities, but these new topics link closely to your region’s capacities and interests, then we welcome you to reach out to the 3DP Pilot’s co-leads to get further details. The contact information to the 3DP Pilot is available here.
The 3DP Pilot will remain open to new ideas addressing emerging industrial needs. A process for ‘generating, supporting and monitoring ‘projects’ will be implemented in the coming weeks in order to make sure that 1) projects are adequality supported (in a context of limited coordination resources) and 2) the 3DP Pilot offer remains well readable both internally and externally.